I added decals to Hazel's helmet a few days ago. It won't match anything any better than the butterflies did, but I still think it looks better.
I think maybe the helmet wants to sit too far forward on her face right now (we used to see her eyebrows), but I will ask about that when we go to her next appointment on Monday. Last week the substitute orthotist added a piece in the back that makes it want to do this. In some ways it's still better because it stays in place better now (doesn't want to rotate).
The back doesn't look quite like I intended because I thought I had too many things on it, and then when I pulled a few off, the others were already stuck in places I wouldn't have put them if I had started out with fewer. Oh well.
I think the monkey is my favorite part. :)
This week I received a pleasant surprise in the mail from a friend (actually the wife of someone that Tyler works with). It was an assortment of bows and flowers that can be velcroed onto the helmet. I thought that was so sweet of her to send. I didn't leave the right spot open to attach the velcro so I will save those for when I take these decals off.
There have been a couple of red marks but I have been quite pleased with myself as I made a couple of adjustments myself with a thick fingernail file! And they helped! The orthotist may not be too happy about that but my adjustments are much slighter than his are so I at least don't think I hurt anything.
Never would have thought to give Nyla play-doh this young. :)
She has slept two nights with it on so far, so with tonight being the third night we are finally moving beyond how far we got with the first helmet. The first night she had a harder time going to sleep than usual but was fine after that. And last night she actually slept better than she normally even does.