Hazel had a well baby checkup yesterday, and here are the stats.
Height: 26 3/4" Weight: 14 lbs. 7.5 oz. Head Circumference: 17 1/4"
According to the growth charts, Hazel is in the 80th percentile for height and 20th percentile for weight. So she's still a longer and thinner build than Nyla was at this age (Nyla was 26 1/2" and 17 lbs. 8oz. at this age, 75th percentile for both). Her head falls into the 85th percentile.
At 6 months old, Hazel:
- Loves baths.
- Regularly rolls over from front to back, but never from back to front, except once by accident I think. She really hates being on her tummy and is probably not as strong as she should be in her upper body by now.
- Will giggle when you tickle her neck, tummy or thighs, even when you aren't trying to.
- Has full range of motion in neck.
- Is very expressive in her baby talk and enjoys trying to mimic the sounds you make. I would not be surprised if she says her first word and starts talking fairly young.
- Goes to bed about 7:30 or 8:00 and gets up the next day about 7:00 or 7:30. She either sleeps clear through or she gets up once to eat.
- Takes several catnaps throughout the day. Once or twice a day she sleeps for an hour or more, but usually it's 30-45 minutes several times throughout the day. I was hoping to have more of a normal nap schedule by now.
- Takes about 6 ounces of formula at a time. I need to get with it on at least experimenting with solids daily, but am extremely unmotivated at this point, mostly since Hazel is not showing any interest. It appears that she tolerates it for awhile till she finally gets mad.
- Enjoys being jostled up in the air, above your head (Nyla hated this).
- Has taken a significant interest in watching AJ lately.