When we got to the orthotist's office this afternoon, he already had the supplies laid out for casting. That's when I realized I really could blow up the current helmet if I wanted to. (Just kidding, I'm not that crazy.) The first helmet was intended to be all we'd need, and was supposed to last a minimum of 3 months, but it just barely made it 2 weeks (hard for me to believe it's only been that long). The orthotist did say he had this happen one other time over the years he's been doing helmets.
The casting process went fine. Hazel screamed more, but it seemed to go faster this time and she settled down faster when it was over. Tyler wasn't able to come with us this time so I brought the Bumbo seat for Hazel to sit in since we were short a pair of hands.
Now we take a 10-14 day break while we wait for the new helmet and then try this once again. I'm sure Hazel could care less what it looks like, and pink would probably still be my first choice, but I decided I will have a better attitude if we move onto something different (put pinky behind us), so this time it will be some variation of purple.
I realize in the scheme of life this isn't anything more than a headache, which soon will pass. But nevertheless, thanks for your prayers and encouragement.
Now, what are we gonna do for decals this time? :)
6 hours ago